Why the biggest auto insurer might not be the most expensive after all!
In life there is a general rule that the cheapest items and not usually the best quality and conversely the highest quality items tend to be the most expensive. There has to be a reason that we pay more for quality and it might be that in the end it cost less when you add it all up. The cost of cheaper could be time, headaches, inferior results, having to replace sooner or getting a cheap price upfront but having to pay more for the extras needed. The same can be true for auto insurance. Here are some things to consider why you might want to pay to be with the biggest and best auto insurer.
- Discount Insurance companies are often represented by brokers who can charge a broker fee. So it seems the insurance cost less but when you add the fees it comes out more.
- Some companies will offer you a teaser rate and increase the premium on renewal after you switched.
- Get discount insurance and when you have a claim you can get a discounted payout on your vehicle. This can truly cost you thousands of dollars for a few dollars of savings.
- Some discount insurance companies might only offer auto insurance so you miss out on a bundle deal which can mean savings on multiple policies like your home or renters policy.
- Cheap insurance companies can request a huge upfront deposit where a monthly payment option is available through a big insurer.
- Discount insurance might offer fewer discounts.
- Time is money and many times your cheap insurance company can take much longer to settle a
claim because they are not as efficient at handling claims. This can mean more time renting a car which could end up costing you a lot of money. Not to mention being stuck dialing an 800 number and being on hold forever. Having a local agent to speak with can save you time and aggravation.
- Last but definitely not least, if you are involve in a major auto accident, who would you want to be representing you. The cheapest car insurance company or the biggest?
Reach out to your local agent and find out how much you can save on car insurance today. It could save you a lot in the long run and reduce your headache when you need the insurance the most…during a claim.